Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Adult Education

I have never been in a hurry to pull rank or seniority on anyone, but some realities have begun to creep up on me. One way or the other, I am older than (some) people. I am married, have a 2 year old daughter, and work for myself. I am getting older. If I could shrug it off five years ago, I can't now.

I had heard many times that having children changes you. Well I guess it is best experienced. One of the biggest lessons becoming a parent has taught me is UNselfishness. Beyond this I have seen so much of my relationship with God in my relationship with my daughter that I am humbled daily. (Children wonder why grown ups are so reflective)

I begin to relate with God - how His love works through His gifts, His rules, His forgiveness, His mercy, and His favor to name a few. At Winona's school, they had all the kids dress up in trad for independence day. They had a lot of fun no doubt, but I remember getting rather upset that the school photographer didn't take enough pictures with her in them. You can imagine. I was only stopped from taking it further when I realised that this is how God is about us.

We are His stars. We have to shine. He is not happy when we are not at the top of the christmas tree. When we are not being our best. He just wants it to be that whosoever is born of Him stands out and yes OVERCOMES the world. Please don't be overwhelmed by God's demands - It comes with being a dad. Especially when you know you are omnipotent and that you have put the seed of greatness in your kids.Have a great christmas my people.

No comments: